Sunday 27 September 2009

Skills Analysis

  • I have learned how to edited recorded footage using Final Cut Pro in the editing suit. I was taught how to add music and change the volume so that the speech from our interviewees could be heard. Also cutting the shots to edit out anything that was unnessessary. This was also an oppotunity to practice for the final editing of our actual music video. We learnt how to apply the different effects to the timeline, i.e. box wipe transition. Transitions are ideal for going from shot to shot in a interesting way.
  • I have leanrt how to operate a video camera and mount it onto a tripod. This allows the camera to stay very still and avoid the shaking the occurs with handheld camera movement. This can also be used with a stills camera as it allows you to take many photographs from one constant angle. I have learnt how best to use a 'dolly', which allows the tripod to be moved at a steady pace and avoid shaking. This is ideal for tracking shots as handheld camera movement is not very professional.
  • I have learned how to use Windows Movie Maker, as this is how I presented our storyboard idea in tme with the song we have chosen.
  • I learnt how to hyperlink words in my blog. This make it easier to find information and to back up evidence.
  • I have refined the skills that I learnt last year for Photoshop and InDesign. I have also started to use Illustrator, which is another Adobe program which allows me to work with typography.
    I have started to use DreamWeaver, a program to create website page with working links.

No comments:

Post a Comment